Childline Gauteng is located on the 3rd Floor of the Children’s Memorial Institute. In addition Childline Gauteng have a training facility with a roof top garden at the CMI.
011 645 2000
Childline Gauteng was established in 1987 as a telephone service for children in
crisis who needed help. Today Childline Gauteng have community based centres
in Katlehong, Tembisa, Sebokeng, Orange Farm, Soweto, Diepsloot and the
inner city of Johannesburg.
Childline Gauteng provides:
- 24-hour, toll free Help Line - 400 000 calls a year
- 9 000 face-to-face counselling services
- Prevention and awareness programmes for 80 000 learners, a junior
leadership project and community events for 35 000 members of the
- The Sunlight Safe House provides after hours safe care for children in
life threatening circumstances and a foster care programme
- Training modules on child related topics for adults who work with
children, including professionals, parents and teachers is offered at the
Childline CMI Training Centre with a roof garden
Childline Gauteng’s focus is on family strengthening and facilitation of childprotection
services to vulnerable children. They specialise in counselling for all
child related issues.