Abba Adoption Services can be found on the 3rd Floor of the Children’s Memorial Institute
Tina Collins - General Office Manager
084 299 1635
Abba Specialist Adoptions & Social Services is a child protection
organization, designated and accredited by the Department of Social
Development to render child protection & adoption services
Services provided by Abba Specialist Adoptions & Social Services
- Promoting adoptions as the preferred form of permanent alternative placement of young adoptable children through community awareness and education campaigns in specific communities and society at large.
- Improving the skill level and knowledgebase of service providers, by providing specialized adoption training and developing capacity of other relevant key stakeholders within the sector through training and capacity building.
- Creating and establishing networking forums, such as NACSA and PACSA to ensure more efficient collaboration, within awareness, advocacy and communication campaigns.
- Recruiting suitable national adoptive parents for adoptable children through specific initiatives like community dialogues, participation in community based events and through the media.
- Screening and preparation of adoptive parents and legal finalization of adoptions.
- The rendering of after care services through implementation of post adoption agreements and general support.
- Rendering Birth parent care services to pregnant women and men facing an unplanned pregnancy through option counselling.
- Rendering Adoption counselling for individuals/couples facing an unplanned pregnancy.
- Providing holistic services and care to young women facing an unplanned pregnancy
- Rendering Statutory services for children as described in section 157(3) that will lead to the realization of permanency planning and the connecting of children to permanent family relationships.
- Rendering Inter-country Adoption services under the supervision of the South African Central Authority through mediation and networking within five Inter-country adoption working agreements.